ROASTED STRAWBERRY MUFFIN
Strawberries play an indispensable part in my summer good healthy eating and they also remind me of my late cat that passed away 4 years ago. That cat loved eating fresh strawberries and I enjoyed watching him in the process as the pink strawberry juice got stuck on his nose, white fur, and whiskers. I usually eat my strawberries fresh because I think they taste & smell best that way. Today I don't know why but I just wanted to try something new....
1. Cut each strawberry in half or, into quarters if it's big. In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, and salt. Add the berries and toss very gently to coat and then arrange them into a thin layer on baking pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) . Roast just long enough for the juices to thicken, about 40 minutes or so, depending on the size.
3. Prepare wheat muffin batter following this recipe here. Fill the muffin cups to the third & place a few pieces of roasted strawberry on top.
4. Fill up the cups with the wheat muffin batter.
5. Top off with some more roasted strawberry.
6. Preheat oven to 400 F, and bake for about 25 minutes.